Nothing else works because of this darned e-machines machine!
Costumer says: "Can you please come and fix this monster that is not letting anything else in the network work"? We say: "Yes, of course. Please tell us why do you think that this PC is the culprit" and he responds saying that suddenly the internet access was no longer 'accesible' so he called TWC, his ISP, and they told him that since they have an automatic anti-virus installed on each of their costumers computers it had went off because this machine was infected.
When we first powered up this laptop it took about 25 minutes to begin showing any sign of life. At this early point and with that much time to boot we taught it was a hard drive trouble.
We didn't rush and tried to boot via a Vista Recovery Disk in an USB. Again, It took about 20 minutes to show anything. At this point we decided, as our customer have told us that the info in the laptop was not important, to try to do a System Factory Restore, the one that is hidden in the special HP partition… and so we did.
Everyone involved lived happily ever after.
15 Comments to “Wrongly attacking the poor helpless e-machines machine”
Recent Rocket Posts
- Hoax Warning! Hello, my FB friends: I want to stay privately connected with you
- Want to Get the Word Out? Consider Marketing with Social Media
- Online BackUp – Life or Death For Business
- The Digital Video Production Revolution
- Five Secrets from the Experts on How to Select a Video Production Company for Your Real Estate Needs
- Social Media’s Impact on Travel
- The 411 on SEO Keywords
- The Changing Appearance Of The Electronic Cigarette
- Valuable SEO Tips for Beginners
- Pay per click advertising – Be familiar with its advantages