Four-step process to wipe your BlackBerry good and clean
Many reasons exist for why you might want or need to "security wipe" a BlackBerry, or completely erase all personal data stored on your handheld: You got a new smartphone and plan to retire the older device; you're trading in your existing BlackBerry for a new one from your wireless carrier; you and a friend are swapping devices; you loaded too many applications or media and just want to start over from scratch; etc.
Whatever your reason, BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) makes it very easy to securely wipe a BlackBerry using its latest mobile OS software, BlackBerry 6.
he security-wipe process is very similar in both BlackBerry OS 5 and BlackBerry 6–in fact it's even more intuitive in the newer OS. And the following four steps will wipe your BlackBerry smartphone clean and restore the handheld to factory settings in no time. Keep moving for specifics. (Note: If you BlackBerry is connected to a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server BES, you may be unable to completely restore your device to factory settings, though you should still be able to wipe it clean, depending on the specific IT policies associated with your device. Check in with your BlackBerry administrator if you encounter issues.)
1) Begin the BlackBerry security wipe process by opening up the main BlackBerry Options menu – the icon looks like a wrench when using the default BlackBerry theme.
2) Next, scroll down to and select the Security option on the following screen, then choose the Security Wipe listing on the next page.
3) The Security Wipe screen displays a number of options and associated checkboxes that let you specific whether you want to delete Email, Contacts, etc., User Installed Applications and/or all the data stored on your Media Card.
4) Finally, to initiate the process, type in the word "BlackBerry" in the confirmation field on the Security Wipe screen, accept any final confirmation pop-ups you may see, and voila, your BlackBerry device is on its way to its factory state. It may take up to an hour to completely wipe your device, depending on how many messages and other data you have stored on-device, so be patient.
When the deletion process is complete, your BlackBerry will restart and another dialogue box appears to ask if you'd like to run the device Set Up Wizard. At that point, your BlackBerry is wiped clean of all data – unless you chose to let third-party app information remain – and factory settings should be restored.
Any of the Rockets at CompurocketUSA can wipe, erase, destroy, annihilate, decimate, exterminate, demolish, crush, devastate, shatter, dismantle, nulify, desolate and extiguish ALL of your data. If for any reason you have quantum data stored we will simply throw your device in to the fire. Call 911 or better yet, reach us at (956) 209-8196.
13 Comments to “Wipe BlackBerry 6 data and reload factory settings”
Recent Rocket Posts
- Hoax Warning! Hello, my FB friends: I want to stay privately connected with you
- Want to Get the Word Out? Consider Marketing with Social Media
- Online BackUp – Life or Death For Business
- The Digital Video Production Revolution
- Five Secrets from the Experts on How to Select a Video Production Company for Your Real Estate Needs
- Social Media’s Impact on Travel
- The 411 on SEO Keywords
- The Changing Appearance Of The Electronic Cigarette
- Valuable SEO Tips for Beginners
- Pay per click advertising – Be familiar with its advantages